Chemical Science and Engineering
Tackling frontier research in chemistry.
Students will gain experience utilizing highly specialized knowledge and skills, which will give them the ability to solve advanced problems in applied chemistry. Our aim is to produce researchers and engineers who are aware of their social and environmental responsibilities, and highly skilled professionals who open new industries and civilizations.
Taking on the challenge of
cutting-edge chemical engineering systems
The Master's Program develops independent chemistry researchers and engineers who understand the basic properties and responsiveness of substances at atomic and molecular levels; master advanced chemical engineering systems that convert substances to more useful materials such as polymers; can resolve advanced problems in various fields based on their expertise; and can use their leadership skills to be successful in a global arena.
The Doctoral Program develops chemistry researchers and engineers who deeply understand the basic properties and responsiveness of substances at atomic and molecular levels; master the most advanced chemical engineering systems that convert substances to more useful materials such as polymers ; have the ability to carry out unique cutting-edge academic research and technology development by fully utilizing their specialized skills in applied chemistry ; have the creativity to pioneer new fields; and can contribute to social and environmental coexistence by exercising global leadership.
Master's Degree Program
- Those who have the determination to tackle new research areas in chemical science and engineering
- Those who are motivated to contribute to the development of society by utilizing their knowledge of chemical science and engineering
Doctoral Degree Program
- Those who are eager to contribute to society in many ways through their expertise and problem-solving skills related to chemical science and engineering
- Those who have the strong desire and practical ability for setting new trends by deepening their study of chemical science and engineering, pioneering unexplored research areas, and systematizing this knowledge.
Master's Degree Program
- Ability to proceed with academic research and technology development
- Ability to understand the basic properties, responsiveness, and functions of substances at atomic and molecular levels by using advanced expertise in applied chemistry
- Ability to understand chemical engineering systems for converting substances, and to practically apply these systems
- Innovativeness in disseminating information and communication skills which are effective in a global setting
Doctoral Degree Program
- Ability to proceed with unique academic research and technology development
- Ability to deeply understand and clarify the essence of the basic properties, responsiveness, and functions of substances at atomic and molecular levels by using advanced expertise in applied chemistry
- Creativity for pioneering new fields by using knowledge in the humanities and social sciences
- Leadership qualities to provide guidance for coexistence with the natural environment
Potential Career Paths
- Universities and research institutes in Japan
- Companies involved in broad industrial fields such as chemistry, pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, functional materials, automobiles, energy, the environment, plants, and electronics
- Government offices
Potential Employers for Graduates
Asahi Kasei / Ajinomoto / Idemitsu Kosan / UBE INDUSTRIES / Kao Corporation / Kagome /Kyowa Hakko Kirin / Kuraray / Inpex / Suntory / Shionogi / Shiseido / Showa Shell / Showa Denko / Shin-Etsu Chemical / Sumitomo Chemical / Sumitomo Metal Mining / JAPEX / Taisho Pharm. Ind. / Takeda Pharmaceutical Company / DAIICHI SANKYO / Dai Nippon Printing / Chiyoda Corporation / Denki Kagaku Kogyo / Tokyo Kagaku Doujin / TOSOH / TORAY / TOPPAN / TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION / Nisshin Seifun Group / Nikon / NOF / NIPPON SHOKUBAI / ZEON CORPORATION / Panasonic / Hitachi Chemical / Fujitsu / Fuji Film / Bridgestone / Mitsui Chemicals / Mitsubishi Chemical / Mitsubishi Rayon / Meiji / JSR / JX Nippon Oil and Energy / LG Electronics / NEC / Public offices and universities
- Master's Degree Program
- Master of Science, Master of Engineering, Master of Arts
- Doctoral Degree Program
- Doctor of Science, Doctor of Engineering, Doctor of Philosophy
$MTPageBody mteval="1" regex_replace="/\/\/s-admissions.jim.titech.ac.jp/g","//admissions.titech.ac.jp" regex_replace="/\/\/s_admissions.jim.titech.ac.jp/g","//admissions.titech.ac.jp" regex_replace="/\/\/s-www.jim.titech.ac.jp/g","//www.titech.ac.jp" regex_replace="/\/\/s_www.jim.titech.ac.jp/g","//www.titech.ac.jp" regex_replace="/\/\/mt.jim.titech.ac.jp/g","//www.titech.ac.jp" $>