1. Basic approach
Tokyo Institute of Technology (hereinafter referred to as "Tokyo Tech") collects personal information on users of its websites (URLs starting with https://www.titech.ac.jp/ and https://educ.titech.ac.jp/, hereinafter collectively referred to as "this site") to the extent necessary for the efficient operation of the services provided on this site. The collected information is handled appropriately by the Public Relations Section within the scope of the purposes of use in accordance with the rules and regulations regarding protection of personal information.
2. Scope of collection of personal information
- The Public Relations Section collects personal information such as names, addresses, and phone numbers when voluntarily provided, and email addresses when senders email comments or inquiries to Tokyo Tech.
3. Purposes of use of personal information
- Information collected based on 2.(1) above is referred to Tokyo Tech management. Personal information may also be shared with appropriate departments within Tokyo Tech to ensure that inquiries are handled smoothly.
- Information collected based on 2.(2) above is used for website administration and website usage analysis. Website usage analysis may be contracted to a third party under a written confidentiality agreement with Tokyo Tech.
4. Restriction on use and provision
The use and provision of personal information are regulated in accordance with the purpose described in 3. above. However, information may be provided to third parties in the following cases: when required by law, when unauthorized access, coercion, or other illegal activity has occurred, when prior consent from the principal party has been obtained, or under any other circumstances deemed extraordinary.
5. Secure management of personal information
Tokyo Tech takes necessary measures to prevent any illegal access, loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of collected personal information.
6. Providing information to interested parties
Tokyo Tech, in principle, does not respond to personal information requests from any interested parties.
7. Scope of application
This policy applies only to this site. Other sites including those of research institutes within Tokyo Tech may operate under different site policies.
Tokyo Tech reserves the right to revise this policy when appropriate.
8. Points to Note
1. Use of Google Analytics
The Institute uses Google Analytics to track user interests and web traffic and, with this information, makes improvements to this site and Institute operations. First party cookies are used to collect data for this purpose.
For details on the handling of personal data by Google Analytics, consult Google's support page.
2. Social Networking Sites
This website makes use of social networking services (SNS) to aid the dissemination of information regarding the Institute's education and research activities. These SNSs may receive user information (such as user identifier and visited sites) from this website through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. The transfer of user information can occur simply by accessing web pages that contain SNS buttons and widgets embedded. In other words, buttons and widgets do not need to be clicked to initiate this transfer. Tracking codes are included in Facebook's Share and Like buttons, Twitter's Tweet button, and embedding codes of YouTube videos and SlideShare files. Information is also available at the Personal Information Protection Commission website ("Notes on the use of SNSs" [Japanese]).
- Facebook Data Policy
3. Opting Out of Third Party Data Collection
If you do not agree to the collection of your personal data by Google and other third parties, please access the links provided above and follow the instructions necessary to opt out.