Kumamoto Earthquake Relief Fund
Published: April 27, 2016
The series of earthquakes that first struck Kumamoto on April 14 have caused severe damage and loss of lives in the region. Tokyo Institute of Technology expresses its deepest condolences to the bereaved families and heartfelt sympathies to all those who have been affected.
As part of the effort to help support Kumamoto in its recovery, the Institute and the Alumni Association have jointly set up a relief fund and are asking members of the Institute community to make donations.
All the donated money will be sent to the Japanese Red Cross Society and will go towards reconstructing disaster-hit areas. Donations will be accepted between April 25 and July 31, 2016.
We greatly appreciate your warm support and generous contributions regarding this matter.
Yoshinao Mishima, President of Tokyo Institute of Technology
Yoshio Ishida, Executive Director of Tokyo Tech Alumni Association
Donations to the relief fund may be made to the following account.
(Please note that donors will be charged bank transfer fees.)
- Bank name:Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Branch:Tokyo Komubu
- Account:Ordinary savings account
- Account number:0175077
- Account name:東工大・蔵前工業会熊本地震義援金 (Tokodai Kuramae-Kogyokai Kumamoto Jishin Gienkin)
Donation boxes have also been set up on all three campuses.
- Relief goods will not be accepted
- Donations will not be tax deductible (i.e., deductions for donations under the Income Tax Act will not apply)
- Receipts will not be issued for donations
Update : April 27, 2016