Tokyo Tech Academy for Convergence of Materials and Informatics (TAC-MI) Enrollment Examination AY2019 Fall Semester
Published: June 17, 2019
The recruiting of the enrollment from AY2019 fall semester has started in the Tokyo Tech Academy for Convergence of Materials and Informatics (TAC-MI), under the auspices of MEXT's WISE Program, "Creating sustainable societies through [Material×Information] multi-talented human resource development". Students from all schools of Tokyo Tech can apply for TAC-MI. To enroll in and begin the study at TAC-MI, each applicant needs to pass both the document screening and the interview by submitting an application form including a research plan, reasons for applying to TAC-MI and an envisioned future, with a letter of recommendation from the applicant's academic supervisor.
The application form and the letter of recommendation format are available at the Enrollment page of the TAC-MI website.
Master's students at Tokyo Institute of Technology who wish to go on to a doctoral degree program are eligible to apply for the TAC-MI program. They will have to be enrolled in a master's degree program as of September 2019 to begin their study at TAC-MI.
Entry period (registration for the TAC-MI program)
- Document screening
- Selected applicants contacted for interview
- Application deadline: Completed applications must arrive by 17:00 on Monday, July 1, 2019
- Document screening: July 2 to July 10, 2019
Interview: July 11 to July 31, 2019
Applicants who pass the document screening will be contacted for interview.
- Preliminary decision on successful applicants: August 2, 2019
- Notification of successful applicants: September 2, 2019
The following must be completed and submitted by campus mail or in person to the Administration Office by the application deadline:
- Application Form for Tokyo Tech Academy for Convergence of Materials and Informatics, AY2019 Fall Semester
- Letter of Recommendation for Tokyo Tech Academy for Convergence of Materials and Informatics, AY2019 Fall Semester
The applicant's academic supervisor must complete the form and seal it in an envelope.
Please also send an electronic version of document 1 by email to the Administration Office.
- On Friday, June 28, the Administration Office will be closed and therefore the submission in person will not be accepted.
Inquiries and submissions
Tokyo Tech Academy for Convergence of Materials and Informatics
South Bldg. 6, Room 402
Update : June 17, 2019