Application Guidelines for MEXT Scholarship (University Recommendation –SGU–) Commencing in April 2021
International students with outstanding academic records who are applying to enroll as regular, degree-seeking students and those who will advance within the university to a doctoral program at Tokyo Institute of Technology in April 2021 may be eligible to apply for the Japanese Government (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology: MEXT) Scholarship (University Recommendation -SGU-). The number of awards is very limited.
Students currently receiving the MEXT Scholarship (University Recommendation -SGU-) who wish to continue their graduate-level programs at Tokyo Tech on the same scholarship must apply for continuation of funding for 2021.
Those eligible for this scholarship are as follows:
- Those applying for admission to an IGP (C) doctoral program commencing in April 2021
- Current Tokyo Tech master's students applying to advance to a Tokyo Tech doctoral program commencing in April 2021
- Current Tokyo Tech undergraduates who, as of March 2021, will be studying in the Tokyo Tech GSEP (Global Scientists and Engineers Program) and are applying to a Tokyo Tech master's program commencing in April 2021
- Note: Of the above three categories, recipients of government scholarships who are eligible for extension of their current scholarships and recipients of government scholarships who were not approved for extension of their scholarship funding for advancement to the next level of study in AY 2021, are NOT eligible to apply for this opportunity.
- Current Tokyo Tech students who are recipients of the MEXT Scholarship (University Recommendation -SGU-) and wish to continue receiving the scholarship in order to continue their studies at the Institute
Application period: August 11 — October 21, 2020
Visit the following page for more information on qualifications and application procedures.
Update : August 11, 2020