Now Recruiting: Tokyo Tech Student Ambassadors 2021
Published: January 26, 2021
Tokyo Tech Admissions Section, part of the Office of Education and International Cooperation, is recruiting current students who are eager to share their experiences at Tokyo Tech with prospective students from all over the world. Selected students will be formally appointed by the Institute’s Executive Vice President for Education as “Tokyo Tech Student Ambassadors.” As a Student Ambassador, you will be a public representative of Tokyo Tech, communicating and engaging with prospective students and their families, as well as visitors to campus and to the Admissions website. As a contributor to the Admissions website, you will write posts for the Ambassadors’ Blog with the aim of engaging prospective international students by describing your experiences and impressions of campus life at Tokyo Tech. Blog posts may cover topics such as information of Tokyo Tech, your experiences of living in Tokyo, seasonal events in Japan, social activities on and off campus, and, of course, your studies and research.
Tokyo Tech Admissions website: https://discover.titech.ac.jp/
Student Ambassador Application 2021 Schedule ;
|Apply for Student Ambassador on OCAN’s Applying System(external)
||by February 26|
|Document screening & (Zoom) Interview:||by March 26|
|Announcement of selection results:||by End of March|
|KICK-OFF Training:||by mid-April|
|Submit self-introduction (100-200 words) for the blog page:||by mid-April|
|Photo Session (portrait & photo session by professional photographer):||TBC|
|Submit 1st blog:||TBC|
＊Please note that, for a selection, we will consider the balance of grade, affiliation, country of origin, and gender of the applicants.
To be considered for the appointment, you must;
- Be a current Tokyo Tech student enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral or Professional Master’s degree program
- Understand the role of a Tokyo Tech Student Ambassador as one who serves as a model student and public representative of Tokyo Tech
- Possess strong communication (writing and speaking) skills in English
- Be open-minded and adept at connecting with others
- Be self-motivated, dependable, and responsible
- Be or have been actively participating in extracurricular campus activities and/or community service
- Be in good academic standing toward the completion of your degree program
- Be a person who is positive and enjoys life!
Duration of appointment;
April 2021 to March 2022 (one academic year)
Your term as a Student Ambassador can be renewed on request, pending review by Admission Section at the end of academic year.
Student Ambassadors are expected to;
- Join training and kick-off sessions at the beginning of their term as Ambassador
- Attend Student Ambassadors’ meetings
- Write a blog post (500 – 1600 words with photo images) approximately once every 3 months. (https://discover.titech.ac.jp/)
- Instructions regarding the blog posts will be provided. Admission Section will review, and if necessary, edit content with the consent of the writer, before uploading.
- Contribute to other events aimed at attracting prospective students and assisting or guiding visitors to campus
- JPY 3,300 per blog post
- JPY 1,100 per hour for joining a training and kick off session, or participating in other designated events
- Recognition: your short bio and photo will appear in a page on the website
- Resume building: gain experience and develop skills in marketing, writing for social media, public speaking, and event planning
- Networking: collaborate with other
- Student Ambassadors from different departments and degree programs
Serving as a Student Ambassador is a great way to develop valuable professional skills, gain work experience, broaden your network, and enhance your personal development.
Update : January 29, 2021