Cars and bicycles, sport equipment, mobile phones, cooking utensils, computers, games and toys...
Because designed objects are everywhere in our life, improving the way people experience and feel objects is a crucial issue tackled by designers and scientists. In the 21st century, the aim of design is to serve people and society not only in term of functions, but also in term of emotional fulfillment and well-being.
In this context, designers have to deal with contemporary issues such as:
- how to design products that provide a satisfying experience to people
- how to design products that fit our body and brain capabilities
- how to design creative and innovative products
- how to design for users who are not aware of what they need
- how to design for usages and experiences which do not exist yet
Our international speaker lineup reflects the multidisciplinary profile of design, with experts in industrial design, kansei engineering, information science, semiotics, cognitive science and neuroscience. The speakers will give inspiring talks as well as live demonstrations of interactive systems. We wish you a fruitful and enjoyable symposium !
|Date:||Thursday, March 14 (13:30-19:00)|
|Venue:||International Design Liaison Center,
5th floor, Tokyo Midtown Tower, 9-7-1 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
|language:||English (with simultaneous translation to Japanese).|
Information and registration :
also on Facebook
Update : September 12, 2013