Measures regarding bomb threat sent to Tokyo Tech
Published: August 20, 2020
Recently, Tokyo Tech was alerted of a message stating that a number of major buildings on the Institute's campuses would be bombed at 12:08 p.m. on Monday, August 24.
While working together with the police, the Institute is on high alert for any suspicious items or persons on its campuses, and has heightened security by increasing on-campus patrols and other measures.
The safety of Tokyo Tech's students, faculty, and staff, members of the local community, and other related individuals is our top priority. Therefore, the following measures will be taken on Monday, August 24. We ask for your understanding and cooperation regarding this matter.
1. Regarding restricted access to Ookayama, Suzukakedai, Tamachi Campuses on Monday, August 24
- All students and local residents will be prohibited from entering Tokyo Tech campuses during the entire day of August 24.
- The minimum number of staff required for security and contact reasons will be on campus, but all other faculty and staff are asked to stay at home.
2. Regarding lectures, etc. on Monday, August 24
- All on-campus lectures will be canceled.
- In general, online lectures that do not required presence on campus will be held as usual.
- In general, all research activities at labs will be suspended.
3. Other information
- Online entrance examinations on Monday, August 24 will be held as planned. Please contact the relevant department if you have any questions.
- For information regarding other events planned for Monday, August 24, please contact the office or department in charge.
- If you see any suspicious item(s) or person(s) on or near Tokyo Tech's campuses, please contact the nearest administration office, security guard office, etc. immediately.