Measures to help control infection for international students
Tokyo Institute of Technology takes preventive measures against various infectious diseases that cross international borders to protect your health and wellness and that of your colleagues.
Newly admitted degree-seeking and non-degree seeking international students (including those who graduated from other universities, technical colleges, and language schools in Japan) are urged to submit a health certificate if their registered enrollment period is three months or more.
Please have a physician from a medical institution in your home country complete a health certificate form within the three-month period before the designated date of entrance to Tokyo Tech. Click below to download the forms:
Part I: Tuberculosis (TB) Clinical Assessment
Must be submitted by international students falling under 1. or 2. below. They must undergo an Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) test and have a physician complete the form.
1. Individuals who were born in or stayed long term in countries or territories that have a high incidence of active TB.
2. Individuals who have had close contact with persons known or suspected to have active TB.
Part II: Certificate of Vaccinations
Must be submitted by all international students. They must have a physician complete the form.
- Those submitting Part I are urged to do so before the designated date of entrance to Tokyo Tech (or before the date of planned arrival in Japan, if your arrival will be later than the date of entrance).
- Only if there is not enough time will students be able to submit Part II after the designated date of entrance after having received the first round of vaccinations in their home country and the second round in Japan.
Items to Be Included in the Health Certificate
Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) results (blood test)*
Individuals from countries with a high incidence of tuberculosis (see link below) are urged to have the IGRA done three months prior to arrival in Japan.
- If you do not have a record of BCG vaccination or there is no medical institution in your country that performs the IGRA, it is possible to substitute this with the Tuberculin Skin Test (TST).
Proof of vaccination or history of illness for Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPDs)
All international students are urged to submit proof of vaccination or history of illness for VPDs. Those without a record of either will be required to be vaccinated.
1. Triple vaccine or individual shots for measles, mumps, and rubella
2. Varicella (Chicken pox)
How to Submit the Health Certificate
Please submit from this system.
Online submission is recommended. However, if for some reason it cannot be submitted online, please send the completed form to the address below by post so that it arrives at the Health Support Center before your arrival in Japan.
Health Support Center, Ookayama Campus, Tokyo Institute of Technology
2-12-1 Ookayama, HE-1, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550, Japan
Personal Information Protection:
Your personal information will not be used for any purposes other than personal health management and preventive measures for infectious diseases on campus.
The Health Support Center at Tokyo Institute of Technology properly manages personal information and abides by the National University Corporation Tokyo Institute of Technology Personal Information Protection Rules, the National University Corporation Tokyo Institute of Technology Personal Information Management Rules, and other relevant laws and regulations regarding personal information.