Important Notice to Prevent the Spread of Novel Coronavirus
Published: April 7, 2020
To: All Students
From: Tetsuya Mizumoto, Executive Vice President for Education
The novel coronavirus that appeared in December last year is rampant and continues to spread around the world. As such, the Japanese government has declared a state of emergency to curb the spread of infection.
Tokyo Tech asks each of our students to take measures to protect themselves and others.
- 〇 Be aware that carelessness could expose yourself, friends, or family to risk, and result in the further spread of infection.
- 〇 Avoid going out unnecessarily. We urge you to cancel any plans or activities outside, unless they are essential.
- 〇 Avoid the following “Three Cs”:
1. Confined spaces with poor ventilation
2. Crowded places
3. Close-contact settings and interactions
E.g., parties, large gatherings, karaoke
- 〇 Refrain from participating in internship programs at companies. Tokyo Tech restricts students from coming to campus.
We appreciate our students’ patience and cooperation as we cope with this extraordinary challenge.
Update : April 8, 2020