What You Should Do When You Think You Might Have COVID-19, When You Go in for PCR or AntigenTesting (Updated: January 8, 2021)


Published: October 30, 2020

Updated: January 8, 2021

Tetsuya Mizumoto, Executive Vice President for Education, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Mitsuji Sanpei, Director, Health Support Center
Toshihiko Fukuoka, Industrial Physician and School Doctor, Health Support Center

To: All Students

When you have cold-like symptoms including fever, cough, and sore throat and suspect that you might have been infected with COVID-19, please follow the instructions below:
  ● Do not come to the Institute.
  ● Stay at home and do not go out.
  ● Wear a mask and wash and disinfect your hands.

1. Consultation
  - If you have a family doctor or you are familiar with a nearby clinic, consider seeking advice by phone.
  - If you do not have a family doctor or do not know any nearby clinic, promptly find and consult a local consultation center for people with potential exposure to COVID-19 from the URL below:

2. If you go in for PCR or antigen testing
 If you are instructed to proceed to PCR (polymerase chain reaction) or antigen testing as the result of the above consultation:
  a) Please follow their instructions.
  b) Promptly report it with the form to the Institute’s designated contact and CC your academic supervisor
    if you are affiliated with a laboratory.
     - PCR/antigen test report form for COVID-19
     - Institute’s designated contact:  pcrteststudent@jim.titech.ac.jp
  c) Report your result to pcrteststudent@jim.titech.ac.jp and CC your academic supervisor. The Health
    Support Center will contact you and give you instructions.

3. If you do not go in for PCR or antigen testing
 If the consultation center does not ask you to proceed to the testing, please consider seeing a doctor. Call the clinic/medical institution in advance and follow the doctor’s instructions.

* Reference regarding absence related to COVID-19:

4. If someone living with you is sick or has undergone/will undergo PCR or antigen testing
 If someone living with you is sick or has undergone/will undergo PCR (polymerase chain reaction) or antigen testing, you must not come to Tokyo Tech campuses until:
  - The person(s) sees a doctor and a clear diagnosis is given.
  - The results of those who have undergone testing are known.
 Students who are affiliated with laboratories should report to their academic supervisors as necessary.

 For inquiries, please contact pcrteststudent@jim.titech.ac.jp

* The report will be shared within Tokyo Tech in accordance with the School Health and Safety Act, however, the privacy of the individual will be protected and the information will not be used outside the scope of necessary measures to prevent infection at the Institute.

5. Handling of authorized absences granted to students who miss face-to-face classes due to COVID-19

Update : January 14, 2021