Campus Guide for International Students


Welcome to Tokyo Tech!!

This Campus Guide contains necessary information for while you will be studying at Tokyo Tech. As there are some systems and procedures that are specific to international students, we would appreciate that you refer to it when required.

Download the degital Campus Guide PDF

  • Contact:
    Student Support Division
    West 8 Building in Ookyayama Campus
    Tel 03-5734-3013、7648
    Office hours: 8:30-17:15 Mon.-Fri.



Residence and Registration Procedures
 1.1 Residence Card
 1.2 Changing Place of Residence
 1.3 Change in Information on the Residence Card Other Than Place of Residence
 1.4 Social Security and Tax Number (Individual Number)
 1.5 Leaving Japan
 1.6 Leave of Absence from the University
 1.7 Withdrawal / Removal from the University
 1.8 Extending Period of Stay
 1.9 Applying for Permission to Engage in Extra-status Activity

Visa Consulting Service
Joining the National Health Insurance System

Disaster and Accident Insurance for Students and Personal Liability Insurance for Students
 4.1 Disaster and Accident Insurance for Students (Gakkensai)
 4.2 Personal Liability Insurance for Students (Gakkenbai)
 4.3 Claiming Insurance


Medical Checkup
 5.1 Annual Medical Checkup and Medical Certificate
 5.2 Special Medical Screenings


Counseling and Support System
 6.1 Student Guidance Room
 6.2 Health Consultation and Counseling Services at the Health Service Center
 6.3 Consultations for International Students
 6.4 Tutoring System


Applying for Certificates
 7.1 Academic Transcripts and Certificates of Enrollment for enrolled students
 7.2Academic Transcripts and Completion Certificates for students having graduated or completed their studies
 7.3 Scholarship Certificates

Administrative Divisions in Charge of Student Affairs

 9.1 Dormitories exclusive for new international students
 9.2 Other dormitories
 9.3 Kajigaya international dormitory (Shinsakuk,Takatsu-ku,Kawasaki)
 9.4 Tokyo International Exchange Center(TIEC)(Oumi,Koto-ku)
 9.5 Company dormitories
 9.6 Private apartments and Share houses
 9.7 Rules for living in Japan


Commuter Passes and Student Discounts
 10.1 Regular Students (undergraduates, master’s and doctoral students)
 10.2 Non-regular Students (Research Students, Japanese Intensive Course Students and International Exchange Students)


Inviting a family member to Japan
 11.1 Procedures for inviting a family member to Japan for a short-term visit (as a tourist)
 11.2 Procedures for inviting your family to reside with you
 11.3 Accommodation for you and your family

Use of the Libraries

Career Support
 13.1 Innovator and Inventor Development Platform
 13.2 Employment Support in the Graduate and Undergraduate Departments
 13.3 Employment Support for International Students

Bulletin Boards

Application for Privately Funded Scholarships and MEXT Scholarship (Domestic Selection)
 15.1 Privately funded scholarships that you can apply for directly
 15.2 Privately funded scholarships that require a university recommendation


Useful information
 16.1 Foreign Language Medical Information Telephone Service
 16.2 Information Service for Foreign Residents
 16.3 General Information Center for Foreign Residents
 16.4 Traffic rules in Japan


1. Notification of a Changing in Address(only for Non-Degree)PDF

2. Notification of Overseas Travel by a Foreign Student

3. Applidcation for Certificate of MEXT Scholarship Student

4. Application for a Certificate of Receipt of a ScholarshipPDF

5. Application for the Certification of Research StudentPDF

6. Application for the Certification of International Exchange Student (incl.YSEP) and International Visiting StudentPDF

7. Application for the Certification of Japanese Intensive Course StudentPDF