Note: There are additional requirements, so please refer to the "Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship" website.
1) Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country with which Japan has diplomatic relations. An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application will not be eligible.
2) Visa and Resident Status: Selected applicants must obtain a Student (ryuugaku 留学) visa. MEXT Scholarship Students must have the resident status of "Student" during their stay in Japan.
1) Age: Applicants must be 17 or older and younger than 22 on April 1 of the year of enrollment in a preparatory program for undergraduate students.
2) Academic Background: Applicants must have completed a 12-year school education or have graduated from a school equivalent to an upper secondary school in Japan.
Note: Applicants who satisfy the entrance requirements for a Japanese university are also eligible.
3) Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese and receive a university education in Japanese.
1) Age: Applicants must be under the age of 35 on April 1 of the year of enrollment at Tokyo Tech.
2) Academic Background: Applicants must be a graduate of a Japanese university or have the academic ability equal or superior to that of a Japanese university graduate.
Note: Eligible applicants include those who otherwise satisfy or will satisfy qualification requirements for admission to a Japanese graduate school.
3) Japanese Language: <Embassy Recommendation> Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese, interested in Japan and enthusiastic about deepening the applicant's understanding of Japan after arriving.
Embassy recommendation: You should apply to the Japanese embassy or the consulate in the country of your nationality.
University recommendation: You should directly apply to Tokyo Tech. There are some recommendation schemes available.
Note: Simultaneous application for multiple categories/recommendation schemes of MEXT Scholarship commencing in the same Japanese fiscal year (from April through March) is prohibited.
(The actual amount is subject to change.)
In accordance with MEXT regulations, each scholarship recipient will be provided with an economy class air ticket between the international airport closest to his/her place of residence in his/her country of nationality and Narita or Haneda International Airport.
Note: <University Recommendation (SGU)> MEXT does not provide funding for travel to/from Japan for recipients in this category.
Application, admission and tuition fees shall be waived.
To apply for the Domestic Recruitment, the student should submit the "Application for the Privately Funded Scholarships" form to Tokyo Tech in September, prior to enrolling. For details, please refer to the this website.
The MEXT Scholarship (Domestic Recruitment) may not be offered every year.