Issuance of Certificates During New-Year/Year-End Holidays
Certificates for applications accepted until Monday, December 18, 2023 will be issued before the holidays. For applications after this date, certificates will be issued starting on Thursday, January 4, 2024.
Types of Certificates
Graduation (completion) certificate (including degree certificate)
Transcript (including number of credits)
Others (certificate of withdrawal, certificate of English language attendance, etc.)
- If you need English syllabi for your courses, please refer to Tokyo Tech OCW or Study Guides, etc.
Points to Note
Certificates are issued free of charge.
Only the required number of certificates can be issued.
Certificates are issued in the name you have used during your enrollment as a student. If you have changed your name, please provide the evidence of your name change by yourself (upon confirming with the place you will submit the certificate to).
Certificates are issued in only English or Japanese.
We do not support any issuance or delivery of digital certificates.
Application Method By post
- Please kindly note that we do not accept applications by phone.
Application form Certificate Application Form (for Graduates and Students That Have Completed Their Studies)
A copy of your identification (such as a driver's license, health insurance card, or passport). If you apply through a proxy on your behalf, the proxy must provide a Proxy Authentication letter and their own identification.
A self-addressed Nagagata 3 (23.5 cm x 12 cm) standard-sized envelope with a stamp pasted. When applying for multiple copies of the certificate, please use a large (non-standard size) envelope.
- If you wish to receive your certificates overseas, please arrange C.O.D. (cash on delivery) services of logistics carriers such as DHL or FedEx on your own.
- If you request application by proxy in Japan (a family member, friend, laboratory staff member, or former colleague, etc.), you need to send both a letter authorizing your proxy and a copy of his/her own identification.
Postal fee estimate in Japan:
Up to two certificates: 94 yen regular postal stamp (for standard size envelope)
Up to four certificates: 140 yen regular postal stamp (for standard size envelope)
For four and over four certificates: Amount of stamps that corresponds to the size (for non-standard size envelopes).
If you are in a hurry, please also attach an additional express stamp (260 yen).
1. Graduates, students who completed their studies, and students who have withdrawn from Ookayama Campus
Student Service Department Student Division, General Administration Group
H-92, Main Building 3rd Floor, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 152-8550
*Please write “Certificate application form enclosed” on an envelop when mailing.
2. Graduates, students that have completed their studies, and students that have withdrawn from Suzukakedai Campus
Student Services is Department, Student Division, Suzukakedai Student Group
J1-1, 1F J1, 4259 Nagatsuta-cho, Midori-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, 226-8503
Time Required to Issue Certificates
Certificates cannot be issued on the day of application.
The number of days required for issuance is indicated below. Times may be longer depending on the seasons.
Graduation/completion certificate: 7 days (excluding weekends and national holidays, etc.)
Transcript in Japanese: 7 days (excluding weekends and national holidays, etc.)
Transcript in English: Approximately 7 days
- Since from March to May is a busy period, issuance of certificates may take longer than usual. We request you to apply as early as possible.