Peer support services are consultation services offered to students by students. The services include:
- Assisting newly-enrolled undergraduates in becoming acclimated to Tokyo Tech, by giving advice about studying and other aspects of everyday life
- Offering informational sessions at Open Campus to answer questions from prospective students and their parents about university life
Turn to a peer supporter for advice
Peer supporters will be available to help you:
- Decide which courses you should take and understand how to register for them
- Find club activities that spark your interest
- Deal with challenges that may come your way
- Learn about studying abroad in the future
- Answer questions about changing to another undergraduate major
- Prepare effectively for your first exams
You may learn more about what experienced students did when they were in the same situation as you.
Upper-level students who are knowledgeable about Tokyo Tech will be appointed as peer supporters. They will listen to you carefully and offer information or materials to help you register for courses or decide which department will be right for you.
Peer supporters share consultation resources, and will be able to answer questions relating to other majors or departments than their own.
The services are not only for Japanese students but also for international students.
Peer supporters will be stationed at the first floor lounge of the 80th Anniversary Hall in April every year. Check out the consultation schedule below, and drop in for a visit. Otherwise, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org any time of the year to make a one-on-one consultation appointment. Please provide us with a date and time that works best for you. We will contact you to confirm your appointment. You may request to remain anonymous.
- List of Peer Supporters (in Japanese only)
- Peer support consultation dates and hours (April 2019) (in Japanese only)
- Peer support consultation dates and hours (September 2019) (in Japanese only)
In September, we offer advice sessions on a wide range of campus life issues.
For students interested in working as peer supporters
Recruitment for peer supporters is organized in January or February every year. Application details can be found on the “recruiting peer supporters” web page.
Past events and activities
Links below are in Japanese only.
- August 2018: Informational sessions for prospective students and their parents at Open Campus
- August 2018: Introduction of peer support services to Open Campus visitors with a feature article on the topic published by the Student Initiative Support Office
- November 2018: Informational luncheon with the Tokyo Tech president
- March 2019: Assisted incoming students with enrollment procedures
- April 2019: Advice sessions for newly-enrolled students
- August 2019: Informational sessions for prospective students and their parents at Open Campus
- August 2019: Introduction of peer support services to Open Campus visitors with a feature article on the topic published by the Student Initiative Support Office
- September 2019: Advice sessions on a wide range of campus life issues
- December 2019-March 2020: Advice sessions about undergraduate major affiliation
- April 2020: Online advice sessions for newly-enrolled students
- August 2020: Online conversation lounge -session1
- August 2020: Online conversation lounge -session2
- September 2020: Advice sessions on a wide range of campus life issues
Future events and activities
- December 2020 - March 2021: Advice sessions about undergraduate major affiliation
- March 2021: Assist incoming students with enrollment procedures
Student Initiative Support Section，Student Support Center