Student Guidance Room
Your privacy is strictly kept confidential.
Student Guidance Room offers you guidance and counseling for being well and maintaining a balance between your academic and personal life. We provide services in English for international students.
＊Please keep in mind that:-
when one of the staff members tested positive for COVID 19, your name, affiliation and other information could be required to submit to the local health center and COVID-19 Task Force of Tokyo Institute of Technology in order to ditect close contacts. Your problems are definitely not revealed to any third parties. Our meeting rooms are installed sneeze guards, disinfected after each meeting, the staff wears a facial mask and is careful of ventilation to provide safe circumstance for counseling.
You might have difficulties such as
- You are not sure how to enroll in a course
- You can’t decide which way to go, graduate school, career path or something else.
- You want to communicate better with others and make friends.
- You were told to repeat a year and you don’t know what to do.
- You are so busy working part time that you can’t keep up with your studies.
- You have a problem with your parents; they are against you pursuing your research, they don’t approve your boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.
- You can’t get over your emotional pain after breaking up with your boyfriend/girlfriend.
- You have a problem with getting along with your supervisor, friends, etc.
Who will listen to and help you?
The staff is nice and friendly, so you will feel relaxed talking to them.
The advisors are faculty members of TOKYO TECH. They are available at the Student Guidance Room and at their offices according to the schedules which you can see at each campus's information below.
The schedules are also posted on the bulletin board of the Student Guidance Room.
How to book an appointment? Where is a meeting offered?
Please contact the Student Guidance Room to arrange a date and time;
1) Visit us in person at the Student Guidance Room and make an appointment.
2) Call us.
3) Email us with the application form. If you cannot attach the form, just write your name, student No., major, your contact information, your availability and the nature of your problem on the email. The subject should be “Application for counselling.”
4) Send us a fax.
- Counselling sessions take place at the Student Guidance Room or at an advisor's office.
- Student Guidance Room is open throughout the year except for public holidays and summer and winter break following the Institute calendar.
For more information, please drop by the Student Guidance Room at each campus, call or email us with any questions.
Student Guidance Room at Ookayama Campus
Student Guidance Room at Suzukakedai Campus
Location：Daigaku Kaikan H2 building, 1st floor Map
Office hours：9:00-17:00 through Monday to Friday
Closed on weekends and public holidays