Student Guidance Room
Your privacy is strictly kept confidential.
Student life is sometimes filled with hope, and sometimes with anxiety and worries.
In the latter case, it is important to talk to people about your problems.
At the Student Guidance Room, university faculty members and counselors will give you advice about your academic and personal life.
This is a system where you can meet faculty members who are different from those you have met in the classroom as professors. They will offer you compassion and support from a different standpoint.
When is it available?
Please feel free to consult with us about anything, including student life,career paths, interpersonal relationships with family and friends, events at part-time jobs, and purpose in life.
We can also provide consultation in English for international students who are not familiar with the Japanese language.
You might have difficulties such as
- I haven't been to college for a while....Is it OK to stay like this?
- There are only male students around me, and as a woman, I am sometimes unable to comfortably discuss matters with them.
- I am worried about my career path. Should I go to graduate school, get a job, or is there another path for me?
- I have stayed in school for another year and am worried about finances, especially for housing. What are my options?
- My parents are against my going to graduate school. What should I do?
- I feel that my advisor does not like me.
- I am worried about relationships among Japanese laboratory members and a professor.
Who will listen to and help you?
The consultation desk is staffed by dedicated receptionists who are friendly and courteous.
The reception staff will listen to your concerns and then connect you to the appropriate counselor accordingly.
For example, if you have a problem with a subject or with a particular relationship, you will be referred to a teacher who specializes in that subject or to a counselor, respectively.
To do so, we first obtain your consent to pass on your information/concerns to the counselor. After receiving your consent, the information will be passed on in a secure manner.
Please contact the receptionist first, rather than contacting the faculty advisors directly.
We will listen to your request.
Faculty Advisor's Office Schedule is below.
The schedules are also posted on the bulletin board of the Student Guidance Room.
How to book an appointment?
Please contact the Student Guidance Room to arrange a date and time;
1) Email us with the application form. If you cannot attach the form, just write your name, student No., major, your contact information, your availability and the nature of your problem on the email. The subject should be “Application for counselling.”
2) Call us.
3)Visit us in person at the Student Guidance Room and make an appointment.
For more information, please drop by the Student Guidance Room at each campus, call or email us with any questions.
Student Guidance Room at Ookayama Campus
Student Guidance Room at Suzukakedai Campus
Location：Daigaku Kaikan H2 building, 1st floor Map
Office hours：9:00-17:00 through Monday to Friday
Closed on weekends and public holidays
-＊Please keep in mind that:-
Our meeting rooms are installed sneeze guards, disinfected after each meeting, the staff wears a facial mask and is careful of ventilation to provide safe circumstance for counseling.
When one of the staff members tested positive for COVID 19, your name, affiliation and other information could be required to submit to the local health center and COVID-19 Task Force of Tokyo Institute of Technology in order to ditect close contacts. Your problems are definitely not revealed to any third parties.