Urgent Financial Support for Tokyo Tech Students
Updated: August 5, 2022
The extension of the state of emergency due to the novel coronavirus may cause concern for students with financial problems.
In particular, those whose income has decreased as a consequence of economic stagnation may struggle with tuition payments, living expenses, etc.
Tokyo Tech launched the "COVID-19 Student Emergency Loan" in AY 2020 as an urgent response to help such students continue their education at the Institute.
Applications for the Emergency Loan for AY 2022 are now open.
Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, doctoral degree, and professional master’s degree students who meet all of the following:
- Those who are experiencing financial hardship due to decrease in income, etc. caused by the effects of COVID-19 and need urgent financial assistance
Those who are living in Japan
(International students who are already in Japan will be eligible)
- Those who have a Japanese bank account into which loan disbursements will be deposited
Up to JPY 300,000
The actual amount students are eligible to receive can be lower depending on circumstances.
Read the Application Guide (below) carefully, and apply to the Financial Aid Group.
- AY 2022 COVID-19 Student Emergency Loan Application Form (Word file)
- Pledge of Repayment
- Bank Transfer Request Form
- Request for Cancellation (Borrowers may request cancellation of loans that have not been disbursed.)
Application documents for the Emergency Loan must be postmarked no later than Friday, August 19, 2022 and sent by postal mail.
Financial Aid Group, Student Support Division