Financial support system for higher education
Implemented in April 2020 by MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology)
International students are basically not targeted for this new financial support system. Please check the eligibility written bellow.
The new financial support system from April 2020 will provide the following support:
- Tuition reduction or waiver
- Provision of grant-type scholarship from Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
To receive this financial support, you must apply for the grant-type scholarship mentioned above to be selected as a recipient.
(Applicants who wish to be granted the tuition waiver for the next academic year must also apply for the grant-type scholarship.)
Please check the application procedure thoroughly and apply before the deadline.
- 1st- to 3rd-year undergraduate students (current year)
- Students who have Japanese citizenship, special permanent residency or permanent residency in Japan, permission to stay in Japan permanently
Please observe the following application periods and deadlines.
Submission of application form:
Between November 1 and November 29, 2019 at the Financial Aid Group, Student Support Division, Student Services Department
Entry of necessary data into Scholarnet:
Between November 1 and November 30, 2019
Submission of Individual Number:
Within one week of application through Scholarnet (sent to the designated postal address by JASSO)
- We will issue the ID and password required for application through Scholarnet after receiving the application form mentioned in item 1 above.
- Please check page 13 of the grant-type scholarship guide to confirm the necessary documentation for application.
For more information, please visit the following: