Student Guidance Room
Student Guidance Room offers you guidance and counselling for being well and maintaining a balance between your academic and personal life. We provide services in English for non-Japanese speakers.
Your privacy is strictly kept confidential.Japanese
You might have difficulties such as
- You are not sure how to enroll in a course
- You can’t decide which way to go, graduate school, career path or something else.
- You want to communicate better with others and make friends.
- You were told to repeat a year and you don’t know what to do.
- You are so busy working part time that you can’t keep up with your studies.
- You have a problem with your parents; they are against you pursuing your research, they don’t approve your boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.
- You can’t get over your emotional pain after breaking up with your boyfriend/girlfriend.
- You can’t get along with other people in the lab.
Who will listen to you and help you solve your problems?
The staff is nice and friendly, so you will feel relaxed talking to them.
The advisors are faculty members of TITECH. They are available at the Student Guidance Room and at their offices according to the following schedules.
You can find the schedules on the bulletin board of the Student Guidance Room on each campus and the Information/Consultation help desk in Ookayama.
Ookayama campus / faculty advisors schedule
Suzukakedai campus /faculty advisors schedule
*Please check the updated schedules since changes may occur due to unanticipated occasions.
How to book an appointment? Where is it offered?
Please contact the Student Guidance Room or the Information/Consultation help desk to arrange a date and time;
1) Visit us in person at the Student Guidance Room and fill in the application form for an appointment. Or drop your application form in the mail slot besides the door of the Student Guidance Room (only Okayama Student Guidance Room applicable).
2) Call us.
3) Email us with the application form. If you cannot attach the form, just write your name, student No., major, your contact information, your availability and the nature of your problem on the email. The subject should be “Application for counselling.”
4) Send us a fax.
Student Guidance Room in Ookayama map
Location：Rm 44, Basement, Main Building
Office hours：Mon–Fri, 10a.m. – 12a.m., 1p.m. – 5p.m. Closed on national/public holidays
Student Guidance Room in Suzukakedai map
Location：Daigaku Kaikan H2 building, 1st floor
Office hours：Mon–Fri, 9a.m. – 5p.m. Closed on national/public holidays
Information / Consultation help desk 【Service available in English】map
Location：West Bldg. 1, International Student Lounge (Rm 118), Ookayama campus
Office hours：Mon-Fri, 10 a.m. – 1p.m., 2 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Closed on national/public holidays
＊Please feel free to contact us in English.
*Counselling sessions take place in the Student Guidance Room or at the faculty advisors’ offices.
*The Student Guidance Room and the Information / Consultation help desk are open throughout the year except for the national holidays and other public holidays following the Institute calendar.
For more information, drop by the Student Guidance Room and the Information / Consultation help desk, call our number above or email us with any questions.
We are here to help you.