This page is intended for International Exchange Students who plan to register courses at Tokyo Tech.
Course registration period for Fall Semester (3Q and 4Q)
Wednesday, September 28 at 9:00am – Monday, October 17 at 1:00pm JST
- The course schedule is subject to change, so please be sure to check Tokyo Tech’s online Academic Calendar for updates.
- Your student ID card will be active from start of the course registration period.
- Courses marked with ★ (a black star) will be taught in English in principle.
- Course Numbers and Indicated Levels; 400-level, 500-level: Master's Level / 600-level: PhD Level
- All courses on this list will be taught in English in principle.
- Taking any course that is NOT included in the List of Courses above is NOT PERMITTED under any circumstance. But this rule does not apply to the Japanese language courses.
- If your Japanese language proficiency is sufficient to be approved by the course instructor and your academic supervisor, you may take undergraduate-level courses (100 to 300-level) with their permission: Timetable of Undergraduate Courses (Courses conducted in Japanese only)
- For more details about each course (day, period, room, etc.), please refer to the List of Graduate Courses.
The above document of "Instructions for Course Registration" are intended for graduate courses (degree-seeking) students. Although the contents also applies to International Exchange Students, please contact the International Student Exchange Division for any course registration procedures. Please do not send a email to [Contact] on the last page.
- Make sure to complete the registration process by clicking "Course Registration" > "Verify" > go on to registration > register. Unfinished registrations saved as drafts (“temporary save”) will be deleted later.
- (As for the courses using ZOOM) Course registration MUST be completed on the Web system at least two days before the course starts so that the relevant course instructor can notify registrants of Zoom links for remote lectures in advance. By saving a draft registration (clicking "temporary save") in the Web system, you will be temporarily included in the registrant list for each course. However, if you do not complete registration by the deadline, you will be excluded from the registrant list.
- For information about credits, see Explanation of Tokyo Tech Credits.
The registration process for Japanese language courses is slightly different from that of other general courses. The instructions are indicated on the website below, so be sure to read and follow them carefully.
Reservation and registration procedure
- Some of Japanese courses will be Face-to-Face classes [F2F] and other courses will be streamed live via Zoom (=AOS (Attend from overseas) classes). Please check the above website to get other detailed information by yourself.
- You must reserve your place in the class before the first day of class, prior to credit registration. Reservations will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You must attend the first class. If you miss the first class, your status might be changed to "waiting" so as to give a chance to the next person on the waiting list.